View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 07:35 AM   #9
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
the DX is great for pdfs. that's what i bought it for and it has delivered exactly what i wanted. as some have said the only big problem is no support for table of contents, but a fairly good workaround is just to bookmark the index page in the document and use the goto page facility to skip around.

my recommendation is that you update the firmware to 3.2.1. this is a safe and well documented modification. it will allow you to highlight passages and use the dictionary. if you don't feel comfortable doing this to be honest the basic firmware is still good enough.

overall i have no problems with stability as others mentioned, i've side loaded pdfs over 50 meg in size and the page tuning is just as quick as small files. no crashes here.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote