View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #4
mharring
mharring
mharring began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/iPad
@wallcraft,
Thanks. Unfortunately that won't work for me. The book I'm formatting is historical fiction so there are no chapters in the TOC - just things like maps and other reference materials like character bios, Afterword, illustrations, images, etc. The TOC is programmed perfectly now and I don't want to try to force an automated TOC as I'm sure that will raise all kinds of problems. But the TOC works real well in the Kindle mobi file - it just doesn't recognize the TOC from the menu pad. This requires a simple fix of adding a couple of lines of code that Kindle reads and recognizes as a toc identity. I can do this really easy in Mobi Creator but Creator is now not recognizing all my punctuation symbols. No " ' ... or any accents. Fixing the mobi created by Calibre looks a whole lot cleaner than trying to fix Creator's conversions at this point. Not sure why the symbols problem except that I have switched from XP to Leopard for my MS Word.

What is mobi2oeb and where do I find it? People write here that one can convert mobi to html in Calibre and then edit and rebuild, but my conversions menus in Calibre don't show this option.

Glad to hear the mobi and prc files may be interchangeable. Hope so.
Thanks again.
mharring is offline   Reply With Quote