View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #15
InlawBiker
Connoisseur
InlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enoughInlawBiker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1.0
Alright, I tried this again. I used an entirely different computer and went through the process again - installed the python scripts, triple-checked my PID at the library is correct and it matches the kindlepid.py output based on the serial number, which I also double-generated from Amazon.com and the back of the unit itself - the PID is correct.

I still get the message "the selected item could not be opened" on the Kindle. This happens whether I use the Mobi2Mobi rename script or not - which does work by the way.

Ideas... could my firmware upgrade have wrecked this method of reading library Mobi's on the Kindle? I upgraded it to version 1.2 first thing when I got it. I hope this is not the case.

The library also has on file the PID of my Mobipocket Windows software reader. I haven't tried the book on that reader yet, I'll do that when I get a chance.
InlawBiker is offline   Reply With Quote