View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
The ability to choose something does not make it a good thing to do. Over all it reduces the size of the market, and is bad for competition because it pulls book out of B&N and etc. Anything that is bad for competition is bad for authors and readers alike.
If it makes authors more money (which many say it does) it's good for authors.
If it gives authors more exposure (which it seems to) it's good for authors.

'Competition' does not mean 'make stupid business decision so that no one has an advantage.' The point of competition is that someone wants to do better in order to WIN.
If Amazon offers a better deal and attracts authors away from the competition, that is not 'bad for competition.' It is the REASON we WANT competition.
It is 'bad for Amazon's competitors.' That's a very different thing.

By your logic, everything needs to be state-controlled and forced to be equally bad to be 'good for competition.'

Quote:
But you and I have never seen eye to eye on this,
Have we ever discussed this before?
Quote:
and never will. So no surprise here.
I believe there is always a chance to turn you back to the light side of the Force. There is still good in you, I can sense it.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote