View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:11 AM   #65
dpavlin
Connoisseur
dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Kindle K3G and DXG
Page rotation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
As for the 10° rotation, I agree with dpavlin that it may be useful for viewing comics (as he pointed out in the pull request). So I think would be better to leave Shift+K and Shift+J shortcut to these two motions.

I will try to write a menu for the rotation feature you mentioned if I have time. I am now working on the search feature. It is half done and should be finished tomorrow if I am lucky enough. :-)
In all honesty, I think that rotation by 90° might be better default value than 10°, so I suggest to move 10° rotation to SHIFT+J/K and leave 90° at J/K.

Rotation code is half-baked: you shouldn't really be able to rotate page out of view (as it is right now). We would need to calculate new bounding boxes for page which takes in account rotation.

Unfortunately, I don't have DXG right now (I asked friend to make me serial port so I can update kernel) so I can't really test rotation sensor in DXG.
dpavlin is offline   Reply With Quote