View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by korinian View Post
jackie_w,
I saw your reply and I didn't know you could do that. I tried it and it replaces the image of the existing book cover under the Edit Metadata screen, but when I actually Convert the book, the image changes to a greyish looking box. Have I done something wrong? Thanks.
korinian, I use this method all the time and have never had a problem when converting to epub. What format were you converting to? Are you using the latest Calibre?

Also, if you highlight the book and look in the Book Details box at the bottom of the screen you will see "Click to Open" which will take you straight to this book's files in the Calibre Library (don't delete anything). The cover is stored as cover.jpg - does it load OK in your standard image viewer (I use IrfanView)?

If you can't spot anything amiss perhaps you could post the url where you found the image. I'll be happy to try it myself.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote