View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post
Small question:

If calibre (which is a great piece of software, and I love it) can send feeds wirelessly through WhisperNet, can one combine multiple feeds into a single emailed file to reduce fees to a single, $0.15 charge per morning? Additionally, what's the standard file size like for an average emailed feed?
The Sunday L.A. Times feed for today From Calibre was 2657K but it doesn't have every single article in the paper. The Kindle edition was 351K with no images but more articles.

The file size outcome of your recipe is going to depend on how many feeds are in it and the number articles per feed (and how long those articles are from day to day). I would suggest using the @free.kindle.com address while you fine tune your feed into something within the budget you want to stick to.

As far as combining multiple feeds into one email, there are a couple of somewhat related posts in the Calibre forum here and here. It looks like the answer is not at this time but it's something on Kovid's plate the future.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote