View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The Kindle and Newspaper Subscriptions and Calibre

I just thought I'd share a little visual example of how well, Calibre works on newspaper subscriptions for the Kindle (and most if not all of the current ebook readers). You can use nearly any newspaper or magazine with a proper RSS feed to create a "subscription" book of articles (you can even choose which sections you want and don't want in your "subscription" book).

You have the choice of having Calibre deliver the subscription to your Kindle via Whispernet (Amazon will charge a small amount for sending the file using Whispernet but it is way less than the Kindle store subscription) or you can use your @free.kindle.com email address and transfer the content with your USB cable.

Attached are sample images from the Los Angeles Times.

- Copy of an article from the website with a picture
- Copy of how the same article looks in the Kindle subscription [no picture]
- Copy of how the same article looks in the Calibre recipe [with picture, in 2 parts with image and caption on one page and the article beginning on the next]. BTW, this recipe was not created by me but another Calibre user.

So give it a try, play around and leave a tip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	latimes web.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	41189   Click image for larger version

Name:	latimes kindle store.gif
Views:	580
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	41190   Click image for larger version

Name:	latimes calibre 1.gif
Views:	598