View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 05:45 PM   #40
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
If more people asked for the feature as above they might write it in the sogtware.

Reading 2 pages is more natural and seeing todays screen shots in landscape mode of people who got their kindle 3 early ,2 pages would in fact be just like reading a paperback so I urge everyone to petition for this feature as I have above.
Hi
Please do not take this as me being offensive, however I genuinely think this is not a good idea.

I'm not sure if you've got Kindle DXs confused with the third generation Kindles Amazon have just released, but the Kindle 3 only has a 6" screen. Now that 6" is the size diagonally, the length of the screen is actually more like 12.3 cm, once you allow for the margins you have a viewable width of roughly 11 cm. Once you allowed for the space between columns which would be roughly another 6-7 mm you would be talking about 5.2 cm per column - that's roughly 4 words per line for each column. I suspect this would not make it feel like a book but more like a tabloid newspaper.

I have attached a close-up photo of a typical page in landscape orientation which might help you understand why I wouldn't recommend 2 pages on the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0482.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	753.8 KB
ID:	57310  
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote