View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 11:58 PM   #5
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Wrap up and Pros/Cons

I am very happy with my M3. It's not the perfect DAP for me, but I don't think that one exists at the moment. It is a little unusual and is not for everyone. Not everyone wants a remote, and certainly many people don't want the remote to be their only control over the unit, especially such a small remote with small controls. However, the overall quality of the unit is very high. I think that the price is about mid-range for what it is. I bought mine from NewEgg for $260.

I use the damn thing every day through most of the day. My only real problem is with the cables, which can become unruly fairly easily. Overall I love this player and give it a 9 of 10 stars.

Pros:
  • Very small and light
  • Good remote
  • Frequent firmware updates
  • Clear, strong sound
  • Long battery life
  • Plays many formats (mp3, ogg, flac, wma, wav)
  • Also voice recorder, line in recording, FM tuner
Cons:
  • No screen on main unit
  • Remote is small and interface is not intuitive
  • Does not organize by ID3 tag
  • Cables can become tangled
I hope that this review has been informative. Sorry for the crappy pics.

Cowon will shortly release a successor to the M3, the M5, which has a color screen on the main unit, so those who are interested in pics on your DAP may look there. It should have a remote too, but I have not seen any pictures of that yet.