View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
From the OP's postscript my guess is that brunoalessi is Brasilian - I'm not sure which of Kindle DX or iRex DR is easier to obtain there.

My advice would be an iRex DR. I've had good experience with the way iRex deal with PDFs on both the Iliad and the DR. From posts read here, it was my impression that the Kindle DX didn't handle PDFs quite as well, and was a bit lacking in general.

Anyway, for the kind of PDFs that the OP mentions, I wouldn't advice anything smaller than about 10'' - but a netbook may be a cheaper alternative. With a 6-9 cell battery it has a decent battery time, and it's still quite portable and light compared to a "usual" 15-17 inch laptop/notebook.

I *like* my iRex DR for reading, but for working, I'm not sure if I don't prefer my netbook or computer. Perhaps the money might be better invested in a comfortable chair for sitting by the computer....? If you really want an e-ink device and can afford it; buy it!
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote