View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #77
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Another question for you Blossom.

What browser do you use and why do you like it? Do you use Flash for any websites? It seems like that is why people use other browsers? Or does Silk "spy" on users?

I noticed when browsing an item I bought at Amazon, it showed I purchased this on my account! It shocked me because I go to other wesbsites and worry and my personal info going to another website by malicious websites. Do you use a type of WOT (web of truth) that shows if green for safe, yellow for not, red for danger? This is what I use for Firefox, though not always accurate.

I don't like (yet I do for Prime movies) it automatically logs you into your Amazon account.
I use Silk with accelerator turn off on my KF.

Amazon always logs what what you buy and shows the little yellow banner. I love it otherwise I would try to buy things I already own not to mention it comes in handy to remember when it was purchased or given away. I can easily tell the others in the Romance Deals thread. This is a repeat freebie from last month and so on.

No I don't use a WOT. I've been on the net since 91 and I'm pretty saavy on knowing what is fake and what is a real site. I do use Firefox with Ad Block Plus to block ads and other malicious popups and I don't have flash installed. I use Chrome for flash sites.
Those are really all I worry about on my PC.

It's not easy to steal someone's info unless you go to a phishing site and give it to them. As for Trojans and malware most are in ads and popups so a blocker is necessary not to mention a good firewall and Antivirus and the occasional malware\spyware checker.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote