View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #70
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
I'm reading Lily right now and enjoying it enough that I bought Rose already. You know, just in case it goes off sale before I finish.
I hope by the time I read them that I'll have the entire series.
I am just past 50% in and comparing the people I've met thus far to the people in the descriptions for the rest of the series, you can read them out of order. I think they are just connected by theme. By the by, the negative review at Amazon is spot-on and I was compelled to make a comment on it. The one particular scene mentioned was pretty, uh, awful, but the rest has been very good.

Quote:
This year is just not a year for reading historical romance for me. I don't know why but I just been reading books set in a modern setting.
It's funny, I've been the complete opposite this year and last. I have been reading historicals almost exclusively, when in years past I'd read a little bit of everything. I've picked up some contemporary freebies, but send 'em directly to my archive to read later.

Quote:
I was reading a series that is like that where the villain is later the hero. I haven't started the book because it's a historical but if you haven't read it yet you might want to check out Karen Hawkins' Abducted series. I love the authors books and own them all except her teen book which is hard to find.
I love Karen Hawkins! I've read one here and there, but decided to go back and start at the beginning and read everything in order. I think I finally have them all; if not, I'm pretty close. I need to finish getting them into Calibre. On her website, she says she re-wrote her first novel to tie it into two of her series. I'll be reading them soon, but not sure when. I've completed collecting a few other series (one by Suzanne Enoch) and haven't decided which direction to go yet.

P.S. I follow her on Facebook and she is a hoot! She recently bought an antique trunk at an estate sale and had a very big drama about trying to open it and find out what was inside, that was very funny. She also posts lots of pictures of handsome men in kilts.
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote