View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #323
xwolfi
xwolfi knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.xwolfi knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.xwolfi knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.xwolfi knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.xwolfi knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.xwolfi knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.xwolfi knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.xwolfi knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.xwolfi knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.xwolfi knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.xwolfi knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by code933k View Post
A lot of people has done this and posted the instructions
too. The problem is not getting those files to work, but the
lack of proper support from Kobo.

Have you ever seen what the current version on MS Windows is?

Qt is supposedly an architecture agnostic programming
framework (with minor tweaks here and there), but Kobo keeps
ignoring proper GNU/Linux updates.

For you see, GNU is not a hobbyist platform. It was even
publicized the gaming platform of 2013 by the very gaming
industry (PS3 is Linux based anyway). The burden of making
things work properly (i.e., 64bit support, etc.) is on the
side of Kobo, not ours (although I already offered my help
for free some time ago and had no response).

That's why we paid for this "open" device in the first
place: usability!.
The PS3 isn't linux based, sadly. They had a small linux support at first, allowing it to run under the tight scrutiny of their hypervisor and removed it as soon as George Hotz managed to overflow the hypervisor thanks to a known electronic trick combined with a memory dumper running on linux.
So it had linux support. However all the software you normally run on a ps3 (games etc) aren't running on linux but on a Sony proprietary OS which exposes C APIs to developpers. Linux was running virtualized on this OS in a way
xwolfi is offline   Reply With Quote