View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 11:59 AM   #64
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
What do you need to create those .txt files for other languages? For Italian, for example, the English keyboard will do, unless you want to include the grave accent, which may not be necessary. There are no letters specific to Italian.

The collates.txt is some kind of code so I have no idea how to make that for Italian.

The morphems.txt is apparently code that will recognize plurals, masc./fem. endings and verb endings and send you back to the main entry, which I guess could get complicated, but the one for English doesn't look all that complicated (though I don't understand it).

Same for French. So Schnitzelbrain, could we cooperate in making those files for Italian or French?

Or if the PB team is working on it -- I have asked this several times without a response -- perhaps they will spare us the frustration and just tell us when we can expect some more dictionaries (into English) and how much if anything they will cost...

Also, as has been mentioned before, monolingual dictionaries would be great, because then you could probably have more entries (words).
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote