View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:32 AM   #1
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
splitting html files?

Hello, I hope you people can help me.

I want to convert a html file into an epub manually, without a converter like calibre (I love calibre, but I want to learn how to convert it by myself).

I know, it is recommended to split the html file into multiple parts (especially for older, slower ereaders). I could do it with cut and copy, but this becomes tedious on big files. Is there a program that does the splitting automatically? I want to split the html file at a certain tag (like div class"xxx" or "h2").

I already found a small program called HTML Splitter (from around 2004). Basically, this program does what I want, but there is a problem. At the end, this program ads an unwanted "br". Also, the closing tags "body" and "html" (and the unwanted br tag) are written in upper case. But in xhtml they have to be lower case, so of course, the outcoming html parts are not xhtml valid.

Is there another program that does the same? Just splitting a xhtml file into mutliple xhtml files at a certain tag?

Thanks in advance.
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote