View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #247
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
<snip>
Looking back on this thread, I think we're spoiled. I can't be the only one here who remembers banging on a typewriter that required white-out (ugh!) or correction paper to make changes. Back then we would have killed for Windows Notepad or Wordpad, lol.<snip>
Hi Penforhire,et al,

yes, what you say is true! I am told War and Peace was written out longhand, several times, by the author's wife.

And I recall the days of wondering how I'd ever fill a 360k floppy disk, Wordstar, and printers whose output was measured in characters per second, rather than pages per minute.

Writer's cramp is a thing of the past, though replaced (or renamed?) by RSI, I guess. Research required a trip to the library and a hope that the encyclopedia had the required information.

I rather like what we have now. Very much enjoying the tools at my disposal. With what I now have, I can put to one side my work while life demands I do other things, and more quickly pick up the traces when I return.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote