View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
kdgarris
Connoisseur
kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
Cheap E-Ink reader for 8 year-old

So, my 8 year-old is a big-time reader, and keeps asking for a Kindle. I am at least considering it, although I do have some concerns about him accidentally breaking one if he had it.

Anyway, have any of you ever bought an e-reader for a young child? If so, what kind, and what were your reasons? Price is a big factor, so while the easiest thing to do would be to get a Kindle 3, since my fiance and I already have Kindles, but I want to at least consider other options that could either be cheaper or somehow better-suited for a young child.

For Kindles specifically, where would you go to get the least expensive used or refurb option?
kdgarris is offline   Reply With Quote