View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
-snip
I have used Dropbox for 2 years. I did what the OP did once but immediately recognized the error, in my case I turned off my work machine before it had a chance to update the cloud. I chose not to make any changes to my database before I could let my work machine sync to the cloud. This is harder to do now because Dropbox now syncs the metadata.db to the cloud on the fly after most every change. It is easy though to start calibre before the metadata.db file had a chance to sync from the cloud to the local machine, bringing with it the changes made on the other computer.
Please bear with me as I'm trying to learn....

I think (but I'm not sure) that we are not talking about the same thing. Is your discussion concerning the metadata.db in reference to keeping two Calibre databases in sync?

If so, that is not what I was referring to. I was referring to a case where you have one Calibre system running on a "main" computer and you simply want a library of epubs, or mobi's, (whatever) available to different computers just to make available for reading (and thats all). Simply "save files" to disk and use dropbox or sugarsync to access the ebooks for reading.

The only thing this is going to use the metadata.db is another install of Calibre... right????
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote