View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Enhancement would feel intrusive for me and I wouldn't want to pay the extra cost. I like the convenience of an ereader as well as the ability it gives me to read while enduring increasing vision and arthritis problems. But I don't want a different experience than the pleasure that reading has always given me.

I sometimes provide my own enhancements: I often have Art Pepper or Bennie Green in the background when reading Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch books because Harry listens to them. But what if bebop, enjoyable enough when not concentrating on reading, were chosen for me? No go.

Last night I spent at least a couple hours googling photos of the players in Lytton Strachey's "Queen Victoria" and reading up on them. Why would I want to pay for an enhanced book when I have a computer?

I suppose there might be some market for enhancement, but my vivid imagination does not require anyone else's idea of what that enhancement should be.

Last edited by BelleZora; 09-14-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: spelling
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote