Thread: Classic Nook Teardown
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
You are generalising.
VMs can be slow - bad software can also be slow. Java isn't the only VM platform out - .NET comes to mind ...
I've seen some very fast Java solutions in my time. A large chunk of mission critical enterprise applications and systems run on JVM, very fast and very stable.
Talk about generalizations. The "large chunk of mission critical enterprise applications and systems" don't run on the Snapdragon CPU tho, they run on multi-CPU multi-core 64bit systems.

Are you really trying to convince me that the well-written code that needs to be translated to the object code in VM is as fast as the actual object code?
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote