View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Arrow USB Power Adapter

So I'll be receiving my Sony PRS-700 soon. I know it doesn't come with any charger so I'm scouting around to look for one. The Sony Charger is a bit cumbersome looking.

I'm thinking of getting a USB charger instead. This is a charger that plugs into the wall and charges USB devices. Apple makes one that looks like this:

The URL to get to the product description on Amazon is here:
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Power-Ad...dp_ob_title_ce

Do you think a USB charger can work with the PRS-700? I know that for the PRS-700, charging by USB takes 4 hours and by the regular AC/DC adapter socket takes 2 hours. But to me, I'd rather have the slower rate charging if the USB charger works with it. The reason is because the USB charger is soooo much smaller! One point for having an eBook is portability and if one has to lug around a heavy (not to mention ugly) cumbersome AC adapter, that defeats the purpose.

Last edited by thibaulthalpern; 03-10-2009 at 02:06 AM.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote