View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:08 AM   #24
Francois_C
Zealot
Francois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
In my last message I noticed an enormous battery consumption.
This morning I found my Kobo, which was normally working last night, off, with message "Veuillez recharger votre liseuse" (please, recharge your e-reader).
It became completely autistic. It does not react at all when I plug a charger or a computer. No light. Nothing happens.
I already experienced the same problem: I was offered a Kobo for 2011 Christmas. It displayed the same message, and it was never able to do anything else. I brought it back to "La Fnac" (the French reseller of Kobo). I had to wait for a new one for more than one month. I got a new one in late January or early February 2012. And this one is dead within one year. Maybe I have it changed, but I certainly will switch to another e-reader.
[Some time later]
I must correct this message: the Kobo stayed unresponsive for several hours, and even the LED would not react when I plugged it to a charger or a computer. As the first Kobo I got had the same (lack of) behavior, and "once bitten, twice shy", I concluded it was dead. But in the end, when I plugged it again and again, the little LED shined again, the battery was displayed as if it was exhausted. After a charge, the Kobo is working again! And the battery consumption seems to be lower (to the moment). I keep thinking there is a parasite process in the software (v2.3.1).

Last edited by Francois_C; 02-09-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Francois_C is offline   Reply With Quote