View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #50
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
Having finally had the opportunity to put 0.7.1 to use on a real-world case (in my world, that is) I have come across a couple of opportunities for new features.

(Please hold your applause )

1) I was working on an epub with two stylesheets, which I combined into one and then deleted the superfluous style sheet, using the book browser (right-click, delete). It would be nice if Sigil could then delete from all the html files the reference to the now non-existent stylesheet. (Granted this is trivial with S/R, so not a biggie.)

2) Also noted that when validating stylesheets, and there are 2 stylesheets (or more?) sigil opens 2 (or more?) browser windows to do the checks. That was confusing at first, as I couldn't tell which browser window corresponded to which spreadsheet. Not sure how best to attack this, but one way would be to not automatically submit the sheet, but rather force the user to click the "check" button, thus submitting them one at a time. Since you can see the code in the code window, you should be able to tell which sheet was which as you submit them. To be elegant, this should only apply when there is > 1 stylesheet. But since Sigil now creates a special TOC stylesheet, this is not a rare occurrence. )

Upon reflection, though, probably if there were errors in either stylesheet, the W3C response, something that rarely happens here , one should be able to distinguish which stylesheet it was. Ergo not a big concern either.

And again, I'll urge that the verification be against CSS level 3 even though epub spec says CSS level 2.1, since it prevents a bunch of b!7ching about (e.g.) font declarations that work perfectly well in epub. If I (theoretically) were to make an error in a CSS file, it would most likely involve punctuation or malformed syntax, rather than inclusion of an unsupported feature. So for me, validating against CSS 3 is most helpful. Granted it isn't the perfect solution, though.

Thanks for all your hard work! If the above is all I can think of for modifications, you have come light years towards Valloric's vision for Sigil. He should be proud of you!
IIRC
To delete a stylesheet referenced in sections, needed to be done before you delete the sheet.
Select Sections to be affected: (in the Book Browser)right-click: select Link Style sheet. Select only those you want to remain linked.

Now you should be able to delete the unused sheet (you can verify unused status by looking at the 'Reports'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote