View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #7
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
For most references to fiction books, a chapter number is adequate for referencing purposes (In "Pride and Prejudice", Ch 15, Austen says...). Most eBooks have a table of contents allowing you to jump to a particular chapter.
This is not enough if you want do discus the text. A chapter can be very long.

Quote:
One can generally tell from the size of the file approximately how long the book is (unless it's illustrated, in which case all bets are off!). I find the Gen3's display of a progress bar, plus to ability to see the total number of pages in the book to be adequate (although I'm well aware that not everyone agrees).
For short stories the progress bar is extremey inaccurate and totally useless in the Gen 3. For longer work it does not give any feeling at all about things like "is it 1 or 3 hours reading to finish the book?". I just wanted to confirm your statement that not everyone agrees
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote