View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
Couple of things...

First, if you are scanning for text only (e.g. no colour maps etc.) then its probably better to do so in black and white. If you adjust the level right, you will eliminate all that grey.

Second, I think "serious" book scanners cut off the spine so that pages can lay flat on the scanner. I'm guessing that is out of the question for you though.
I only scanned these books so I could post formatting ideas, not so I that could convert them. The scan quality is poor but still usable.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote