View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #23
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I believe it is the screen refresh that is being referred to. The whole screen "flashes" completely black for a fraction of a second to get rid of the ghosting before clearing and displaying the black text on white background. This happens on all e-ink readers, it's just a question of how often.
Sorry, but it doesn't happen on Sonys. I can't speak for other brands. Or, perhaps I should say; it doesn't happen on the two Sony's we have, or the ones I looked at in the shops. The only time you can see this happen is when the reader has been turned completely off, then turned on again. It doesn't occur between page turns. That is NOT something I would care to see on a regular basis.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote