View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #134
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
[QUOTE=rgeorg;2358261]
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post

I arrive on the 9th of Jan - but will be exhausted after a 22hr+ journey! I'll probably start to play with it on the 10th. Maybe I can charge it before (overnight) so it is nice and fresh. Lots more posts at that point!

Question: What audiobook and music apps(s) do you recommend for the SGP5 (basic mp3 files)? I read about Mort Player (?). Not including Overdrive or Audible - since I won't really be able to use them.

I am making a list of apps to download so I can get the device(s) setup in the US. Loooong list!

Still a bit of a muddle on the KFHD, although I've decided against another ereader (PW). I setup a 7" KFHD for a friend so I had it to play with for 3 weeks, and loved the screen/speakers. The GUI didn't bug me and I could play most everything I needed to - so that was all good. I just found the 7" too small for reading papers, playing online Bridge, magazines and most webpages. All that page moving around gave me a headache. I don't mind holding the DX at 9.7" - I just prop it up. I do find my husband's 11.6" Sony to be quite large and bulky, but OK for sometime use. I thought that 9" might be "just right"

Figure I'd use it for browsing, online Bridge (the 7" doesn't have enough screen size) and occasional magazine/paper reading. Amazon has removed the free 2-day delivery option now (and some of the other KFHD product discounts), so I may have to decide sooner. Or not at all.

If it is this much of a decision, I should probably just wait for the next generation!

PS - I haven't sewn much lately, basically some crafts for charity bazaars. I am trying to use my (huge! - I am in a textile-producing city, Thessaloniki) fabric stash now to make casual clothes since I am now retired. Perhaps I should get a new serger in the US rather than the KFHD.
Sears stopped selling sergers. Which is where I got mine, it was actually a serger made by a Japanese company (can't remember) so don't look there, lol.

The Apps I use and can remember are: Advanced Task Killer Free (from Google Play) Moon + (from GP) Screen Dim (Amazon or GP) HD battery (I was using Gsam battery, but noticed it seemed to drain my battery and it was the paid version, I may try again sometime) Talkatone (GP) MortPlayer (GP) and Mortplayer widgets (GP) Wi-fi Switch (Amazon I think & GP)

I would get the bigger KFHD if that is what you like, why not? Between the SGP5 and KFHD seems like you got it covered for everything.

The MortPlayer Audiobook I use I like, the Samsung earbuds control the player. For some reason they don't work on the Audible App. The Moon + Reader Pro also will sync with Dropbox, haven't tried it yet, but it is suppose to.

In another thread I mentioned I force closed Audible and my battery life is great now on the KFHD. I used The Advanced Task Killer for that. I like it better than the Gsam battery for killing apps, it was too confusing for me. I guess everyone is different on what Apps they end up liking.
new is offline   Reply With Quote