Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle DX 3G Dead
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTim View Post
I have a Kindle DX and I think the primary problem is that 3G isn't working. ...
Primarily 3G seems to be buggered, it seems to try to connect but just gets no connection and turns off again. This means I can't register my kindle (it was registered, but I tried a factory reset).[*] 311 from settings: Scans for carriers but then doesn't show a list and goes straight back to the settings screen[*] 411 from settings: The "Radio Serial Number" is blank, "Roaming Version Number" is -1. If I turn 3G on before doing it, then it waits saying "Retrieving data" until 3G goes off again.[/LIST]
The 311 screen not finding any carriers says that either you are out of cellphone range, or there is a problem with your 3G hardware. It is possible that the 3G carrier you were using is no longer visible at your location. Perhaps a new building is blocking the signal.

You could try taking it to a different location several miles (or km) away and try 311 again...

Of course, the 411 info would be blank if you had wireless turned off. It IS on, right?

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-15-2012 at 09:08 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote