View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 02:54 AM   #51
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I have tried extra battery for previous phones but they are very inconvenient because you have to reboot. It is much better to buy an external battery and us that to charge the phone.
That's my thinking. I've tried battery swapping before simply because my new phone took the same battery as my old phone, so I had two batteries, but it was more trouble than it was worth. If you're reliably running into "I'm living off my phone and I can't plug in" scenarios, then a general purpose USB battery pack might be a simpler option. Prioritizing battery life in your choice of phone is another.

I have had to pull the battery for a "hard reset" on old phones, but I've always been able to get around it on my tablets, which simply require a button combination (usually home + power) to accomplish the same thing. Presumably there's some similar safeguard on my current phone (which lacks an accessible battery), but I don't know for sure. I do know battery life has been working out fine for me--I've used my emergency charger once in the three weeks I've had my current phone. I haven't traveled in that time, but given that I usually take more than one gadget along when I travel, I'd almost certainly go for an external power pack before a spare battery.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote