View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 07:49 PM   #38
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junket View Post
Interesting. I'd like to think that Amazon is improving. Or even that some piece of legislation is forcing disclosure. But
Was that a random book that you cited? A specific genre where you find that they disclose this information? Sorcery? I just clicked on several dozen random books on the UK site and found only one other book there that disclosed this information. For Amazon US, Canada, France and German sites, nada, zip, no way.

Neither random nor a field of which I have much knowledge

There was a hint in an earlier thread here that expensive English Literature books were a possibility so I looked at the top priced books which have "Canterbury Tales" in the title. skipping OUP and CUP.

But the format is known so I can use Google
https://www.amazon.co.uk/First-Cours.../dp/B07VS58ZLX

Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 2 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits

a ca example
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000SH31DS

I don't think Amazon have changed since 2012, the only question is whether you agree that blank = default = 6 is 'disclosure'?
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote