View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #30
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
As you know, the OP in this thread has said that Kobo is routinely inserting its kepub formatting into new standard ePUB (the Adobe ADE books) books, making them unusable on other devices. Kepubs can only be used on Kobo devices and Apps, just like Kindle books, or iBooks. The happy fellas that have created drm removal tools have created one for kindle books, but not for iBooks or kepubs.

Books people pay for on the Kobo site can be downloaded using the Kobo proprietary format and, as an alternative, they can almost always be downloaded as either drm free ePub or Adobe Adept ePUB files. These have NO Kobo files in them, unless Kobo created the files for the publishers themselves --something that is obvious and incontrovertible if one follows the process I outlined above.

I am sorry if I offended you, but angry threads like this bring imaginary members and "friends" into them fairly often.

Last edited by taming; 12-24-2011 at 03:52 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote