View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaza View Post
Firstly thanks to everyone who takes the trouble to help and develop Calibre - a brilliant piece of software!

The problem I'm having is that Authors are displaying as LN, FN but sorting on the FN, LN.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

I've tried the sort algorithim and manage authors but I clearly haven't found the right combination

What I would find useful for the future is a facility to have imported books match the predominant sort arrangements existing in the current library or better still the equivalent of the Microsoft Office "format painter" button to copy sort values.
Regards
Anzhelika
Calibre normally expects Fn Ln
There is a Preference under 'Adding books' (right side) to swap.

You can also use the Search and Replace function of Bulk metadata edit to repair existing entries
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote