View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #10
hpjrt
Connoisseur
hpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watch

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlg432 View Post
Mary stated "I don't care if the Playbook doesn't have a "native" email because, frankly, I get my email on my computer [home or office] and my Blackberry picks up my email from those accounts. Do I need yet a 3rd place to view them? If I do, Blackberry Bridge works well ... "

Mary, I don't have a Blackberry so a separate email client will be great for those of us that cannot bridge. I have accessed my email via the web browser but it is not as nice as a dedicated client. As for apps there are a few that I am waiting for and if we get access to Android apps my wait will be over. There are a few e-readers that do a great job with PDF documents so I am really looking forward to the FW update.

John
Hi John,

Do you not have email at, say, home or work? I use Thunderbird/Eudora at home and at the office. Prior to having a Blackberry, I would check on my home email while at work through web2mail. If I didn't have a BB I would do the same on my Playbook. So again, for me, I don't really care if the Playbook has "native" email or not. Truth is I'm a touch typist [yes I know ... I'm old ... a dinosaur!] ... and as such, hunting and pecking on a virtual keyboard is somewhat ungainly ... so I'm unlikely to send as complete an email from either the Blackberry or the Playbook as I would from either my home or work computer!

I agree that there are some Android apps that I am looking forward to being able to load and try when the new FW comes out.

As for reading PDFs ... I haven't had to look at a lot of PDFs ... but the Playbook does come with Adobe Reader. Again I haven't tried it, so I don't know if there are any issues. There has been some discussion about some pdf documents that were created with some program other than Adobe ... but I confess I haven't paid a lot of attention to said discussions.

From my perspective, for reading my every-day reading books I'll use my Sony PRS-650 ... but for reading/looking at cookbooks and children's picture books, I'll use the Playbook.

Mary
hpjrt is offline   Reply With Quote