View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #44
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Just got off a chat with Kindle customer service. Obviously this battery won't be user-replaceable. But they also have not yet set a price/policy on changing batteries when they need it.

Much like Barnes and Noble who still hasn't set that policy (though at least batteries can be had through 3rd parties and replacement is not supposed to be too difficult).

I know these batteries last for a few years, but I am always taken aback that the assumption is you will just replace the device. I realize Amazon isn't going anywhere, but still this irks me.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote