View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #11
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Burnham View Post
Right you are. It is changing the aspect ratio. I honestly hadn't noticed. If you check out the text boxes in this picture. You can see the difference easily.
They look pretty close to me, so I wouldn't have noticed. Anyway, I have a decent scanner for books, but the scale is slightly different in the vertical and horizontal directions. The scanned pages always come out looking less wide than they should. Maybe this is true for most scanners. If Calibre just happened to change the aspect ratio and make the pages look slightly wider, they could end up looking more like the original book than the unresized scans. So, maybe your process balanced out nicely in the end.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote