Thread: MobileRead May 2014 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 07:53 AM   #3
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
For my first nomination I'd like to put forward The Broken Shore by Peter Temple.

Quote:
Named by The Times as one of the top ten crime novels of the decade and winner of the Crime Writers' Association Duncan Lawrie Dagger, the Ned Kelly Award, the Colin Roderick Award and the H.T. Priestly Medal, The Broken Shore is a masterpiece.

Joe Cashin was different once. He moved easily then; was surer and less thoughtful. But there are consequences when you've come so close to dying. For Cashin, they included a posting away from the world of Homicide to the quiet place on the coast where he grew up. Now all he has to do is play the country cop and walk the dogs.

Then prominent local Charles Bourgoyne is bashed and left for dead. Everything seems to point to three boys from the nearby Aboriginal community; everyone seems to want it to. But Cashin is unconvinced. And as tragedy unfolds relentlessly into tragedy, he finds himself holding onto something that might be better let go.

Peter Temple is the author of nine novels, including four books in the Jack Irish series. He has won the Ned Kelly Award for Crime Fiction five times, and his widely acclaimed novels have been published in over twenty countries.
Amazon (US): Link
Amazon (UK): Link
Amazon (CA): Link
B&N (US): Link
Kobo (AU): Link

There's several editions of the book available in eLibraries. The search function is now frustratingly only giving me results near where I live so I can be sure of the geographical spread, but the number of editions implies at least United States will be covered. I can see many libraries in Australia carrying a copy.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote