View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #43
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
I mean P { line-height:1.4em } but this is measured from the top of one line in the paragraph to the top of the next line in the same paragraph, (i.e. it is not the space between the bottom of one line and the top of the next), so given that the font accounts for 1.0em this doesn't lead to too much space between the lines and it stops uneven spacing due to the superscripts on some lines and not on others.

As I mentioned earlier this is only for books with lots of superscripting such as the Bible, otherwise I would use a smaller value as it does use up more screen space than is ideal.

Image attached shows a small sample from the ESV Bible, (as permitted in the copyright notice), with paragraph line-height:1.4em, and superscripts font-size:0.7em; vertical-align:0.25em. (Margin between paragraphs is 0.8em)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bib14.gif
Views:	268
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	105275  

Last edited by Agama; 05-02-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote