Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #130
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
...why not add the Overdrive link so people will know and ask to add them to their libraries?
Just saw this and I know that it is an old discussion, but just as a heads up, there is no way to track Overdrive availability of a particular eBook in libraries.

Libraries purchase rights to eBooks through Overdrive, but do not have access to the entire database. Different libraries will have different books based on their selection process, budget, etc. While Overdrive may offer the book, it will not necessarily be purchased by local libraries, therefore impossible to track availability, even if our awesome WT Sharpe were able to try.

Naming particular libraries will not help as we are all from different parts of the world and unlikely to have access to the named library's Overdrive collection.

Wow...sorry to go on so long. Guess my library's Overdrive collection not having this month's selection frustrated me more than I thought. Especially since they do have the sequel...oh well....
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote