View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
holgalee
Kindle Newbie
holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 & PW
Uninstalls not working

I've tried to uninstall all the hacks to see if it works, but nada.

Tried to uninstall the jailbreak hack, but since I can't access my settings, I had to do a reset by holding the power switch for more than 15 seconds. Message says the update is unsuccessful. Tried to uninstall the screensaver hack, and receive the same message. Read somewhere that the uninstallation should be in the reverse order, so I tried to uninstall the fonts hacks. Again, I see the update is unsuccessful message. Sigh.

I'm trying not to freak out, but I can't find a way to restore my KK to stock, without going through settings. Should I install the new firmware .bin file? Is there a stock KK file that I can use?

I can follow instructions well as long as they are explicitly spelt out, and had no issues with the jailbreak and screensaver hacks. I've also rooted three android phones and one tablet before and installed roms, so I'm mystified about what could have gone wrong here.

Does anyone know if I'll be charged for calling the Amazon number if I'm an international customer, but not from one of the countries listed as calling toll-free?

Hope I'm making sense as I'm in office right now and want to start my workday soon.
holgalee is offline   Reply With Quote