View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 04:56 AM   #1
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Calibre keeps saying database of books is corrupted. Media.xml file

I use the Unicode Patch. I've had huge problems with having it work sometimes and not having it work sometimes. Sometimes when I reset and reinstall the hack it works fine with calibre. I had finally gotten it to be perfect, when I had to go mess with it again because I had read that battery life is poor if you use the memory of SD card. So I tried saving things to the internal memory of 505 from Calibre.

That messed things up. I started getting "database of books is corrupted." Try the following: unplug, wait for it to finish regenerating the database .. or delete media.xml

I eventually had to reset and try again. In the meanwhile I used chkdsk g: /f on both my sd card (with appropriate drive letter) and sony reader drive to clear some corrupted files. Now it says no problem.

I am however, still having trouble with calibre. I can save things to my SD card if I do it by using save to disk options and my reader functions fine. But things like collections don't work. I want to be able to use calibre directly.

I've repeated the process multiple times in hopes that this time it will be fixed. I'm at my wit's end and very upset at myself for having messed with something that had been working previously. Any advice? Please! Thank you.

ETA: I wanted to add that I had this problem previously. Previously what seemed to fix it was getting rid of a new folder under C:\Program Files\Sony\ that I had created to store Old Fonts.

I have not changed anything since the new problem. I even went back and restored the old fonts before applying the Unicode Patch and then changing it to the new fonts. Or without doing such a thing. No go.

Last edited by seajewel; 06-26-2008 at 05:09 AM.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote