View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #21
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
I'm not crazy about the drastic increase in prices, but the actually do have a point -- namely this is a perpetual license to the library. The subsequent responsibility is for RH to honor the license into perpetuity.

I'd also say that it's not really the publisher's problem if citizens can't be bothered to adequately fund public libraries. I would agree that book purchases shouldn't take a significantly higher percentage of library funding than before, but ultimately it's up to the public to fund the libraries, not for commercial vendors to take the hit when we cut library budgets.
why should tax payers continually be bent over a barrel to fund pure greed? in case nobody has been paying attention, we have no money. we're broke.

in defense of the publishers however nobody forced libraries to become the free version of blockbuster and carry video games, cds and dvds. i'm sure that eats up a few bucks that could be used on books.

Last edited by xg4bx; 03-02-2012 at 05:48 PM.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote