View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 01:06 AM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Well, when one of the first things I see in someone's review is "I'll give any book ago" I do have to wonder about their qualifications. They clearly think that "ago" means the same thing as "a go" ... and that's just the first of many abuses of the English language. Before you point out the mote in your neighbor's eye....

Of course, I haven't read the book. It's not my thing. Maybe you do claim that dialysis is unnecessary and painful, or think that a theory is the same thing as a hypothesis. It's fairly hard for me to imagine someone I "know" (that is, a fellow MR member) thinking (or writing) that way, though. I'm more inclined to believe that someone who doesn't know what "ago" means couldn't understand anything more complicated that "See Spot run."
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote