View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #11
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpana View Post
...but I don't know what "Headings" means in the context of Sigil. I assume "Headings" means the various sections of the .epub file created when a Chapter Break is made.)
Headings, as far I understand are any, h1-h# tag
ex. <h1>Chapter One</h1>

When you generate a TOC from headings you will get "Chapter One" in your TOC
and the <h1>Chapter One</h1> will change to something like <h1 id="heading_01">Chapter One</h1>

You can generate a TOC this way even IF you don't want to have/use the h# tags. Simply put them in at the beginning of each chapter as shown above. Click Generate TOC. I then move the ID="something" to an empty DIV tag... actually I don't know if you really need the ID but I keep them anyway. I usually only move it to the DIV in the Cover.xhtml page anyway and keep the rest of the h1 as is. You can then remove all <h1... tags using a find/replace regex... FIND <h1(.*?)</h1> REPLACE with blank space

Last edited by Danger; 07-07-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote