View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #20
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Those were all intentional limitations, so you have the behaviour correct. In hindsight I realise I should have made the extra effort to make the column and tags a per list setting as it falls apart as a concept if you have multiple lists, so I will fix that.
At first I didn't realize this wasn't the case because of the way I used it yesterday - create new list, input desired column & tag, then add desired books. Rinse, repeat. It was only after I saw a book I wanted to put on a previous list that I realized the tags weren't "attached" to the lists, and at first I thought it was something I did. (I mean, after all, when something doesn't work as expected, it's usually my fault.)

So I, too, am happy to hear that you'll be changing that. I've got a whole new system now thanks to this plugin. I use it to create "priority lists" accessible from the tag browser. I could have done it before with a custom column, but using the plugin is much faster than editing the metadata field, and that's without even using shortcut keys yet.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote