View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #59
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Thanks, leday! This solution worked for me too. I guess I am not too surprised because I also have to do a MOBI to MOBI conversion in calibre to get covers to stick for my Kindle. Did you notice any trends about the conversions? I tried four books. Two were Google ebooks, and they worked with the EPUB to EPUB conversion. Two were from feedbooks, and they worked with the EPUB to MOBI to EPUB conversion.
No, I haven't noted any particular trends that I can tell. It's just quirky to me that this happens and you have to do these conversions before the device will recognize the covers. All of my books are DRM-stripped, so maybe that has some effect, but I don't know why some covers come over with no problem and some you have to tweak with conversions to get it.

I just purchased 2 books last night from BooksOnBoard and had to do an epub-MOBI-Epub conversion, AND then TweakEpub/Rebuild Epub on the final converted book to get the cover, which showed up after a reboot of my NC.

In any event, at least I know I CAN get the covers to show now.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote