View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #15
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Folks, I must do this on a daily basis as part of my more than full-time job as an editor. It's the very worst part of my day. Sheer bloody drudgery. And it's enough to wring tears of despair from your eyes and coax curses of anger and frustration from your lips. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy....
Neil, you are in the industry, and do this for a living. I have no issue at all with your perspective, and thank you for sharing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Mobileread is a discussion forum, not a unquestioned press release forum.
Nor was the initial post intended to be an "unquestioned press release." By all means question it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
I think it's fair to let people know what they would be getting into. I saw this and thought "oh, that sounds interesting", but then came to my senses and realized the sheer drudgery. You really don't want apathetic people going through the submissions, so it's best to get this all out in the open up front.
Again, Neil Clarke tried to do exactly that in his initial request.

My only issue with the comments is that some of them seemed to be snarky, for no other reason than that they could be snarky. Call me old-fashioned, but when the existence of a publication depends upon volunteer effort, it didn't seem like an out-of-bounds request to pass along.

- M.D.B.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote