View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinatbezeq View Post
Hi All,

I own a Sony PRS 505, and consider switching to the DX because the screen is too small for me.

The issue is that I've seen the picture of the DX vs the Graphite and I'm astonished to say that the DX display looks terrible compared to the Sony, and the Graphite looks medicore.

Now, this is not a Sony-head trying to start a religeous war. I WANT to buy the Graphite, but no Kindle is sold here in Israel so I have no way to compare. The Sony I know and love. Can someone who have used both screens (or at least the regular DX and the Sony) tell me how the screens compare?

Thanks,

Avi
Sony 505 still is a benchmark unit. But in the meantime, other readers like nook or both Kindles are even. Not better, but certainly not worse either. The pic you're referring too doesn't represent the actual "touch and feel".
I'll get my DX Graphite in 2 or 3 days. Then I'll compare Sony 505, Kindle DX, Kindle DX Graphite and some others.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote