View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 01:20 AM   #10
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
After a while, I stopped caring about the review and just listened to your words. It was so nicely written and so readable. (Don't worry. I did go back and reread it for the details. ).

I'm glad you got around to reading on it. It's one of the things I discovered that was, for me, better than a pbook. Well, the e-ink isn't quite there, though extraordinarily impressive just the same, but that whole flicking of the page-turn bar to, well, turn the page...it is just a very pleasing bedtime reading experience (especially when you've a booklight hanging off the top - I hate the waving around that they do while you turn the page on a pbook). I don't know if this is just me, but I also find when reading a pbook in bed that half of my hand starts to go numb (half the palm and the three fingers furthest away from the thumb). That always annoyed me too, having to readjust and then deal with the pins-and-needles. I don't get that with the Iliad. It's just very comfortable.

Anyway, though I still like my pbooks, I suspect now I will only buy them if I can't find the ebook, or if the ebook is so good that a good cover of it must sit on my bookshelves (oh, gods, I think I might end up a "book collector". That's all my wallet needs).

Again, enjoyable "first impression". Good stuff.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote