View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

You are right, when given an ACSM file, you give that file to a properly registered Adobe Digital Editions program and it will properly download the epub adding the correct rights.xml file to allow it to be read.

To verify it works, please open the file in ADE and verify you can read the file. If you can, there still might be a problem with the epub but it would be hard to argue that since it can be read in the program it was designed to be read in.

If it is not readable in Adobe Digital Editions, then you should send it back and ask for a working version.

It seems both ADE and B&N ebooks use their own zip access routines that simply walk the local directory extracting files with local filenames and basically ignores the central directory of the zip (which is against all of the security rules but ...).

Hope this helps,

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.westland View Post
If it is a book I bought off of Google Play, can I send it back and ask that they provide a new one?

Is the only way to find out to try?

And thank you for the quick reply. I'm a little peeved at all this, so unknowingly you've made my day much better by being johnny on the spot.

Also, just to tell you a little about the process I'm using to get these, I'm downloading the ACSM files off of GooglePlay and then using Adobe Digital Editions to find the file path to the epub on my computer. Then adding those to the Calibre library.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote